Your Data, How We Use It and Your Rights
This is the information we hold on you from the first time you complete an online booking form or email us your details to confirm a booking:
- Your name
- Your navigator’s name
- Your address
- Your phone number(s)
- Your car model(s)
- Your car registration(s)
- Your special accommodation requirements
- Your specific dietary requirements.
Where this information is held:
From your first booking we keep your data in a bespoke database in a secure online environment. It is not ‘package’ software generally available to the public or others in a similar industry.
The software is protected by a system of firewalls and passwords used solely by Backwater Classic Car Tours.
What we do with your Data:
- We use your address, accommodation and dietary requirements to send to the hotel(s) used for the tour you have booked on. On some occasions the hotel will ask us for car registrations which we give out if requested but not otherwise.
- We do not give any other personal identifying details such as phone numbers or email addresses to hotels even if requested.
- We use your names, car details and your town where you live as identifiers for other tour participants to see in the Participants list in our Tour books
- We use your email addresses to send you promotional information on our upcoming tours and other relevant information. We never give, sell or offer your email addresses or any other personal identifier details to third parties other than tour hotels as detailed above. Our marketing emails always have the ability to Unsubscribe from further communications.
- You have the right to be forgotten and removed from our database on request.
- You have the right to ask that no promotional information is sent to you but remain on the database.
- You have the right at any time to ask for full details on the information we hold on you and where necessary and at your request amend, delete or correct this.
- If you would like full details of the data we hold in our database for you then please let us know and we will send this as soon as practically possibly (if we are on tour it would not be possible until we get back to the office).
Please do not hesitate to contact us if any of this is unclear or if you want to remove or amend your data.
We won’t do this without your explicit instructions.