Our first hotel – Doxford Hall Hotel and spa
This magnificent country house hotel has received the highest accolade in being awarded 4 Red Stars. This prestigious award is only given to the very best hotels in the UK and Doxford Hall joins an exclusive list of 55 hotels in the UK who have achieved this status. With deluxe rooms, private dining and leisure facilities. The hotel is only a few miles from Alnwick and it’s famous gardens.
Our second hotel – Matfen Hall Hotel
Based near Hexham Recently refurbished to a five star hotel. This stately home hotel with leisure facilities is set in 300 acres of parkland with a 2 AA rosette restaurant.
Our Runs – 5 in total
Two from Matfen Hall
1) The Cragside Run: this takes us via ‘Cragside’, the extraordinary Victorian House crammed full of ingenious gadgets and while here we drive the 6 mile inner road through the estate through the rhododendrons and azaleas.
2) The Rolling Hills Run: taking you through the beautiful Northumberland scenery and villages following Hadrian’s Wall and giving you time to stop off and explore.
We stop for lunch at Dryburgh Abbey Hotel, and have private lunch in the Abbey Room, a magnificent Scottish Country House Hotel by the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders. Nestled in an exclusive wooded estate,
3) From Hotel to Hotel: rather than take you the boring way to the second hotel up the A1 we have a 100 mile run via the Kielder Forest and Jedburgh in Scotland before travelling down to Matfen Hall.
Two from Doxford Hall
4) The Coastal Run: taking you along the spectacular Northumberland Coast giving you the opportunity to visit Holy Island (tides allowing), Bamburgh Castle and the Grace Darling Museum.
5) Alnwick Garden Run: just a very short run purely to get you to the famous Alnwick Gardens where we have a private tour.